Fire Alarm Installation & servicing
Morgan Fire Protection offers you a complete service of fire alarm system and emergency lighting testing and servicing in accordance with BS5839 Part1: 2017 (Fire Alarm Systems). We will advise you on the extent of protection your business requires from fire detectors, alarms and emergency lighting to meet the required standard.
Morgan Fire can supply or supply/fix a lockable red metal cabinet close to your fire alarm panel or by your office reception. The cabinet, with integral key rack, is ideal for use and storage of important safety information, fire log books and site plan. We can also arrange for a Zone Plan for your premises which is a compliance requirement of BS5839-1:2017.
Call us on 0800 0856381, complete the Quick Enquiry form, or email email@example.com
What type of fire alarm do I need?
There are 3 main types of fire alarm system: conventional, addressable and wireless:
Conventional Fire Alarm
– divides your premises into broad zones
– in the event of an alert, the fire alarm panel identifies the zone, but not the precise area
– most suitable for smaller or lower risk environments
Addressable Fire Alarm
– each individual device has its own unique electronic address
– if one activates, the fire alarm panel tells you precisely where the problem is
– most suitable for larger or higher risk environments – e.g schools, care homes, hospitals
Wireless Fire Alarm
– uses a secure wireless link between the sensors and the fire alarm panel
– typically works like an addressable system, just without the wires
– most suitable for premises such as construction sites and historic buildings where cables are intrusive
In order that we can supply you with a quotation we will request the following information from you:
- Full site address so we can confirm availability and emergency callout coverage in your area
- Model/make/photo of your fire alarm panel
- Are you able to provide drawings/plans of your fire alarm system installed please (optional)
- Number of devices linked to the system (smoke/heat detectors, call points & sounders/bells)
- No. of floors the alarm system covers
- No. of emergency lights on site
If an installation is required please email any plans/report you have to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can either survey or quote based on the information provided.
What happens next?
Once you have accepted our quotation for servicing we will provide you with details of our 24/7 out of hours Emergency Callout Service.
If additional works are required to upgrade the existing fire alarm/emergency lights, Morgan Fire can arrange a free of charge survey and quotation, please ask for details. Please remember that even if Morgan Fire did not complete your fire alarm or emergency light installation we can still quote for maintenance.
We will make an appointment at a mutually convenient time for an engineer to visit your premises and carry out the work. Engineers are FPA qualified and work to BS5839. They can work on all open protocol fire alarms systems, including Moorley, Advanced, c-Tech and Kentec to name but a few.
Servicing will include a full maintenance check of the system, callpoints and back up battery and smoke detector tests (pictured). All fire alarms systems have some sort of backup power to maintain alarm functionality if for any reason the mains power fails. For most systems this reserve power would be provided by a backup battery. For all fire alarm systems it is imperative that the backup battery is tested during routine maintenance. Using a smoke pole, the engineer will check that if smoke is present, the smoke detector will activate.
Following inspection and servicing your technician will record work carried out in your fire safety logbook. This should remain on the premises at all times as it will assist you in proving compliance with your legal responsibilities.
We can also arrange for a Zone Plan for your premises which is a compliance requirement of BS5839-1:2016.
Morgan Fire can supply and fix a lockable red metal cabinet close to your fire alarm panel or by your office reception. The cabinet, with integral key rack, is ideal for use and storage of important safety information, fire log books and site plan. If you would like to place an order or to request a quotation please email email@example.com with your location and requirements.